Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One more day...

One more day until class starts. I am ready to get all this preliminary stuff over with and get down to business. According to Chrisitanbook.com, most of my books arrived this afternoon. I’ll need Robert’s pick-up to get them back to the apartment. There are way too many of them, but I am looking forward to digging in.

I had yet another orientation meeting today that was actually very encouraging. The Director of Student Life Services came and talked to us. She began “Some of you have left behind loved ones”. (Sniff – I have). “Some of you have left behind precious family and friends”. (Sniff sniff – I have). “Some of you have left behind a great church family”. (Sniff sniff sniff…Yeeesssss). “Some of you have left behind everything you know that is familiar” (I’m boo-hooing by now). Then she reminded us that we are here for a reason and a purpose that only God can know. God has paved the way for us to be here and if he brought us here he will take care of us here. She quoted from Joshua. I imagine that Joshua was pretty nervous and afraid as he was beginning his journey into the promised land. God said to him be “strong and courageous…I will never leave you or forsake you”. That was such a comfort when she reminded us of that verse. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed and nervous about the journey I am about to begin too (and I guess I am a little more homesick than I thought….) I miss you guys!!

4 comments:

  1. If you make too many more blogs like this then you will have me boo hooing!! and i dont like to boo hoo! please dont make me boo hoo... i love you!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel,

    I am so glad you set this blog up. I think about you and Robert everyday and am glad to hear everything is going so well....except the boo-hooing of course.

    I miss you!

    Merry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mel!
    Merry Stoll sent me the link to your blog. (Thanks, Merry!) I know you are in the middle of classes now, but just wanted to say "Hi!" We miss you and Robert.
    Life keeps going on a full throttle here in Frisco. I am thoroughly enjoying my job with Frisco ISD as the Community Outreach Liaison.

    The Bright Zone programs with Bright Elem. with the mentoring and and "reading buddies" are definitely picking up steam.

    I pray for you each day to have God's Peace. Love and Grace as you get adjusted to all the class work again.

    Take care of yourselves. Remember your St. Philip's family loves you and misses you!
    Hugs,
    Audie

    ReplyDelete