Hello again. Well, I am into my third week of classes. Things are going well for the most part. I am finding it difficult to get in all the reading though and to study my Greek every day. I am enjoying my Old Testament and Church History classes immensely, but my Greek class, not so much. It is ok, but it is just taking up too much of my time that I would rather spend reading. All in all, though I am pleased with the way things are going. There are so many other academic resources in the way of seminars and lecture series' on campus that are outside of classes. I am trying to take advantage of all the extra lectures that I can fit in while I am here. There is so much knowledge and understanding here on campus than I will ever have in my little finger. I am honored and very humbled to be able to be in the midst of it.
If I have heard one thing over and over from professors and staff and students who have been longer than me, it is to not forget about my spiritual life. It bears repeating not just for me but for all the new students. I can see where it would be so easy - so very easy to let that slide in favor of more study time (and for me there is a need for a LOT of study and reading time - my brain doesn't work as fast as it used to). I can see where it would be so easy to get caught up in the grade race... but we have to - I have to remember that grades are not everything. They are important, but it is more important to care for my relationships too. The trick is to find the balance.
I have hooked up with some fellow Episcopalians on campus. We have a Eucharist once a month on campus and during the other times, we have lunch on Wednesdays and try to have a guest lecturer. I have made several new friends and is great to know there are other Episcopalians here. In fact one of the professors is a priest. How cool is that? There is also another priest who is not assigned to a particular church, but she works just at Gordon College, which is down the street, and at my campus at Gordon Conwell. She is a very interesting character. I'll tell you more about her on a later post.
Robert is still loving his new job. He likes being away from a desk and he likes working with the pilots, baggage guys, and customers. We are adjusting to his schedule though which is not normal. He does not have an 8-5 job, but his hours vary between mornings and evenings depending on which day it is. He is having trouble with one his toes though because of an ingrown toenail that has been quite bothersome. That's not a good problem to have when you are on your feet all day. Keep him in your prayers.
Gotta go now, Robert and I are going to a talk on campus for seminary students and their spouses on Strengthening Your Marriage. Its is put on my the Student Life Department - just one of the many things they do to help us "find the right balance". I'll tell you more about some of the events later. Well that's all for now. I will post more later and I promise I will make time to get the camera out and get some pictures posted. You would not believe how beautiful it is up here. I am simply awed and amazed everyday as I am walking to class.
I wish you many blessings my friends and I hope that all is going well.
Mel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment